Hello everyone! Reason for no post yesterday, I had a repeat in prompts and really didn't feel like changing it.
Today's prompt for Blogtember is to share a fall food recipe or your favorite fall foods!
this was coming. i've talked about the glorious food that is a pumpkin cupcake since the beginning of september so i obviously HAVE to share a recipe for it.
for the cupcakes
1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup (180 ml) solid packed, canned pumpkin puree
for the cream cheese icing
8 ounces cream cheese, cold
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, firm but not cold
A pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2-3 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla
for the cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar and light and creamy. Add the eggs in one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat to combine.
4. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients and pumpkin in 3 additions, alternating between the two. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, until the batter has just come together.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 liners (I used an ice cream scoop to do this) and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
for the icing
1. Beat the cream cheese, butter, salt, and cinnamon on medium until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Turn the mixer down to low and add the confectioner's sugar. Beat until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Add the vanilla and continue beating until combined. Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
- - - - - - -
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know what your favorite fall foods are <3
Thanks for reading,