Hello everyone! Happy almost May. Wowza (ironically said wowza, let's clarify.) April just zoomed on by. Like seriously. Then again, I'm looking back at the books I read this month and I'm like: I READ THAT BOOK THIS MONTH WHAT IT WAS SO LONG AGO. ahem.
Today I'll just be recapping April, the writings, the bloggings, the readings, the excitings, etc.
background picture is not mine :)
- - - -
- I was lame with blogging this month, aka I did nothing pretty much. Honestly April was a low month overall, I got less posts out then ever.
- A couple of my posts I really did enjoy writing though, like the Pros and Cons of Reading Fast/Slow (I feel like I wrote that ages ago) and Five Middlegrade Books You Should Definitely Read.
- I also did my 3 out of 4 days of the Raven Cycle. REASON I HAVEN'T FINISHED: because most people haven't even read it yet so it seems out of place I'm just gonna wait until May is that cool?
yeah it's been a boring blogging month in april. sorry. I also really need to remember my favorite posts of the month, I'll keep that in mind for May. Hopefully.
- I didn't do NaNoWrimo. I kind of just didn't do it? I thought I would but I didn't have enough motivation and honestly almost no plot.
- BUT after realizing that I wasn't going to do NaNo, I began planning (yes, I plotted a novel.) Are my pantser days over? Probably. I'm really excited for this book although I have no clue what to name it, I have a cover, just no title on it. Wonderful.
- SO YES, May will be adventures working with this novel and I want to get the first draft done by June/Julyish so I can get to editing over the summer, since I will have more time!
again, boring writing month but May will be better, I promise.
- I had a great book month. I read 8 1/2 books this month, which is the most I've read in a while now. I'm really happy with all the books, they were all wonderful. I really was going to do a wrap-up but it would be way too many books.
can we just admire half of these covers I mean flawless
Best book(s) that I read: Winter by Marissa Meyer/Carry On by Rainbow Rowell/The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
- I MIGHT MEET MAGGIE STIEFVATER IN MAY. *screams* I need to, I just really really really need to I just need to I can't explain ahh.
- Not sure if this counts as bookish but I redid my bookshelf. I have this little section above my bed where I keep 1/2 of my books. I don't have proper shelving since my room is so small but I'm hoping to get some soon.
best picture I could get because of lighting so I had to focus it on my hand bu you can see my rainbow bookshelf back there !!
- I bought a lot. a lot. of books. 20ish? 1, I had birthday money left. 2, there was a book fair at school with buy one get one free. DO YOU HEAR MY SCREAMS? Here are all the books I bought:
Stars Above - Marissa Meyer | Simon vs The Homo Sapien Agenda - Becky Abertalli | The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater | Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins | Carry On - Rainbow Rowell | Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater | The School for Good and Evil: A World Without Princes - Soman Chainani | Cress - Marissa Meyer | The Infernal Devices - Cassandra Clare | The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin | Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo | The Copper Gauntlet - Cassandra Clare and Holly Black | Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard | Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Maggie Stiefvater | Illuminae - Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff | The Raven King - Maggie Stiefvater | Three Times Lucky - Sheila Turnage | Prisoner of Night and Fog - Anne Blankman | The Possibility of Now - Kim Cultbertson | The Night Gardener - Jonathan Auxier
among these books were the two Harry Potter coloring books. *dies*
I did not have a boring reading month whatsoever.
- Life was meh this month. I had a really hard time keeping up with other activities and I just slumped in everything, but reading.
- I actually nailed my violin solo which is amazing so I got into the youth symphony. I think that's pretty much the highlight of my life this month honestly.
- this will not be in April but I'M SEEING DAN AND PHIL TOMORROW AT TATINOF!! CAN I DIE NOW!! I'M DYING!! LIKE SEND HELP MY HEART IS GOING TO EXPLODE!! ajdjkadfsg
- OF COURSE TATINOF IS IN MAY. AFGPGJFFNVOJGWUGUBOGOBRJGH
- I'm also going to California in the middle of the month for my cousin's graduation so that's awesome! I always have fun with my cousins and stuff so whoop.
- Honestly that's it but really May is just going to be fun it's going to be warm and nice and yay. (watch the weather be horrible) hahaaha ha ha. ha.
- - - -
I hope you guys had a great April!
Let me know the highlights of your April. What did you scream/fangirl over? What was the best book you read? What are you looking forward to in April? And as always, have an amazing day friends.
Thanks for reading,
Oh my gosh! You're going to TATINOF!!!! I hope you have fun! And you read Carry On! How did you like it? Did you feel all the feels?ReplyDelete
I had an average month, and read more than I have been recently, so that's good. Have a great May!
Bridgette| A Bit of This and That
I love your monthly recap posts, Noor! They're so fun to read!ReplyDelete
In May I'm simply looking forward to the winter-y feel, yay. (Where I live it's not going to be spring).
Have a fabulous May,
OH! Meeting Maggie S. sounds like so much fun! I hope you get to!ReplyDelete
I did enjoy your Raven Boy reviews. (I'm reading The Dream Thieves right now and am loving it!)
It's so awesome to have an excellent reading streak. And I hope writing goes well for you next month!
Awesome post Noor! In may I will probably just be looking forward for summer and no school.ReplyDelete
Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl
Yay Red Queen! I can't wait for you to read it!!! Lovely post.ReplyDelete
You get to meet Dan and Phil and Maggie, I am so jealous!ReplyDelete
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT WRITING CAMP!ReplyDelete
YOU'RE MEETING MAGGIE?!?!?! THAT'S THE MOST EXCITING THING EVER! OH MY GOSH!ReplyDelete
RE writing, don't worry about Camp, you plotted a book so well done! What's it about? I look forward to hearing about in May :D
Those covers are so gorgeous, seriously, I own all of Stiefvater's books bar one (Sinner) and the look of all the other nine on the shelf is just so gorgeous, HER COVERS ARE JUST INSANE! I LOVE them. AMAZING! I'm so glad you loved TDT, I think it's my fave in TRC. Also re your comment on Ink, Inc. about TRK, check back because I shared a link for you about the book from Maggie's blog!
BUY ONE GET ONE FREE? I do hear your screams! You have Shiver, ahhhh, I love those books almost as much as TRC! Also Anna <333
Happy May! :)
High five for excessively reading ALL THE BOOKS!ReplyDelete
In my case it was furtively while having to be doing you know, everything else but books make it better.
Winter was literally PHENOMENAL, I want more lunar chronicles but *cries* it's over.
Now i'm just waiting for Heartless and I want to have it right now!
I really should be wanting it you know, after exams but I can probably ignore all of the life stuff and go hide in my cave for a day and finish it all.
This comment just got really long and rambly, whoops.
Great post! (All the covers are so sparkling awesome!)
!!!! (More exclamation marks because I feel like i've already exceeded the reasonable ammount so might as well go all in!!!!)
You're Just Right