Hello everyone! Happy almost May. Wowza (ironically said wowza, let's clarify.) April just zoomed on by. Like seriously. Then again, I'm looking back at the books I read this month and I'm like: I READ THAT BOOK THIS MONTH WHAT IT WAS SO LONG AGO. ahem.
Today I'll just be recapping April, the writings, the bloggings, the readings, the excitings, etc.
background picture is not mine :)
- - - -
- I was lame with blogging this month, aka I did nothing pretty much. Honestly April was a low month overall, I got less posts out then ever.
- A couple of my posts I really did enjoy writing though, like the Pros and Cons of Reading Fast/Slow (I feel like I wrote that ages ago) and Five Middlegrade Books You Should Definitely Read.
- I also did my 3 out of 4 days of the Raven Cycle. REASON I HAVEN'T FINISHED: because most people haven't even read it yet so it seems out of place I'm just gonna wait until May is that cool?
yeah it's been a boring blogging month in april. sorry. I also really need to remember my favorite posts of the month, I'll keep that in mind for May. Hopefully.
- I didn't do NaNoWrimo. I kind of just didn't do it? I thought I would but I didn't have enough motivation and honestly almost no plot.
- BUT after realizing that I wasn't going to do NaNo, I began planning (yes, I plotted a novel.) Are my pantser days over? Probably. I'm really excited for this book although I have no clue what to name it, I have a cover, just no title on it. Wonderful.
- SO YES, May will be adventures working with this novel and I want to get the first draft done by June/Julyish so I can get to editing over the summer, since I will have more time!
again, boring writing month but May will be better, I promise.
- I had a great book month. I read 8 1/2 books this month, which is the most I've read in a while now. I'm really happy with all the books, they were all wonderful. I really was going to do a wrap-up but it would be way too many books.
can we just admire half of these covers I mean flawless
Best book(s) that I read: Winter by Marissa Meyer/Carry On by Rainbow Rowell/The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
- I MIGHT MEET MAGGIE STIEFVATER IN MAY. *screams* I need to, I just really really really need to I just need to I can't explain ahh.
- Not sure if this counts as bookish but I redid my bookshelf. I have this little section above my bed where I keep 1/2 of my books. I don't have proper shelving since my room is so small but I'm hoping to get some soon.
best picture I could get because of lighting so I had to focus it on my hand bu you can see my rainbow bookshelf back there !!
- I bought a lot. a lot. of books. 20ish? 1, I had birthday money left. 2, there was a book fair at school with buy one get one free. DO YOU HEAR MY SCREAMS? Here are all the books I bought:
Stars Above - Marissa Meyer | Simon vs The Homo Sapien Agenda - Becky Abertalli | The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater | Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins | Carry On - Rainbow Rowell | Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater | The School for Good and Evil: A World Without Princes - Soman Chainani | Cress - Marissa Meyer | The Infernal Devices - Cassandra Clare | The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin | Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo | The Copper Gauntlet - Cassandra Clare and Holly Black | Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard | Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Maggie Stiefvater | Illuminae - Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff | The Raven King - Maggie Stiefvater | Three Times Lucky - Sheila Turnage | Prisoner of Night and Fog - Anne Blankman | The Possibility of Now - Kim Cultbertson | The Night Gardener - Jonathan Auxier
among these books were the two Harry Potter coloring books. *dies*
I did not have a boring reading month whatsoever.
- Life was meh this month. I had a really hard time keeping up with other activities and I just slumped in everything, but reading.
- I actually nailed my violin solo which is amazing so I got into the youth symphony. I think that's pretty much the highlight of my life this month honestly.
- this will not be in April but I'M SEEING DAN AND PHIL TOMORROW AT TATINOF!! CAN I DIE NOW!! I'M DYING!! LIKE SEND HELP MY HEART IS GOING TO EXPLODE!! ajdjkadfsg
- OF COURSE TATINOF IS IN MAY. AFGPGJFFNVOJGWUGUBOGOBRJGH
- I'm also going to California in the middle of the month for my cousin's graduation so that's awesome! I always have fun with my cousins and stuff so whoop.
- Honestly that's it but really May is just going to be fun it's going to be warm and nice and yay. (watch the weather be horrible) hahaaha ha ha. ha.
- - - -
I hope you guys had a great April!
Let me know the highlights of your April. What did you scream/fangirl over? What was the best book you read? What are you looking forward to in April? And as always, have an amazing day friends.
Thanks for reading,