You know those moments.. as a reader.. where you just want to SCREAM with joy.
I LIVE FOR THOSE MOMENTS. If I could marry those moments, I would in a heartbeat.
So here, to warm your heart, I compiled 50 of those moments into a wonderful beautiful list <33
(this is a continuation from my 50 oddly specifc OH MY GOODNESS NO bookworm moments post!)
1. Recommending a book to a friend and them coming back and loving it as much as you did.
2. Finding THAT ONE character in a book/series who makes you SO incredibly happy.
3. Reading a long strain of 4-5 star books.
4. GETTING A SIGNED BOOK. It is truly amazing.
5. Finding the perfect time to read with your blanket + tea or whatever it may be.
6. The deep sigh after closing a FANTABULOUS book that left you so so satisfied.
7. 'Hey, do you have any book recommendations for me?'
8. Seeing a gorgeous cover that makes you feel at one with its beauty.
9. When you're about to drop your drink on your book, bUT YOU SAVE THE DRINK.
10. Getting to now: drink the still full drink, and read the still intact book.
11. Writing a book review and getting so hyped up about this amazing book that YOU'RE GONNA EXPLODE.
12. The moment after you reorganize your books and you're just like 'I AM AN ARTIST'
13. Reading a phenomenal quote and scrambling for your pencil or phone: I HAVE TO WRITE THIS DOWN
14. Rereading and realizing all the perfectly genius things the author has put in the book that you didn't notice before.
15. When a book has a different and intriguing formatting.. I LOVE THAT STUFF
16. Realizing how lucky you are to just.. enjoy reading.. because people who don't like reading are missing out.
17. When you've been waiting for a book to come out.. for.. forever, and the release day finally arrives.
18. Having all of the books of the series in the same size/cover type.
19. WHEN THE SPINES OF THE SERIES.. DO THE THING.. like make a picture. I LOVE THAT STUFF
20. Being on the first chapter of a book and already knowing it's going to be majestic.
21. Getting a gift card to a bookstore as a gift??? YOU'RE GIVING ME THE TOOLS TO READ MORE. thank u
22. When you're reading a book and realizing that you're probably going to be adding this to your favorite book list.
23. Hating a book in the beginning and you either a) reread or b) keep reading and realize that you actually love it and asking yourself 'what is wrong w me this is amazing'
24. When covers or pages are just so... nicely detailed.
25. REALLY REALLY needing to read a book, and going to the library or bookstore and finding the VERY LAST COPY. this is a sign.
26. Finding the perfect place to fit your book on the shelf.
27. Just actually finding shelf room in general.
28. LOSING YOURSELF IN THE BOOK. Is there actually anything better than that.. the answer is no.
29. Finding a book with a beautiful cover AND a beautiful story. (why is this sadly uncommon)
30. Crying while reading, but of joy. Like, when something good happens or the author wrote SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PASSAGE.
31. Reading by candlelight. i am an old person. but i love it.
32. Watching your growing TBR, and enjoying it, because it means that you'll never run out of things to read.
33. Loving both ebooks and hardcopies because it gives you OPTIONS.
34. Libraries. JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM. The smell, the atmosphere. sigh.
35. Getting that PERFECT book photo that captures the book in all of its magnificent glory.
36. Learning a new lovely word from a book. DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE
37. Piling yourself up with blankets and grabbing your favorite snack.. and just.. reading.
38. Being in a room with a friend and both of you are reading different things, and you're just enjoying each other's beautiful reading blissful silence.
39. When an author takes the time to describe a character or a setting and it's just... so beautiful, that it leaves you in shock.
40. Reading while it's raining?? Rain is so nice, and soft. ah.
41. Rereading a book that you haven't read in years, and remembering why you loved it so much.
42. When said book is from your childhood.
43. When a book makes you genuinely laugh, and everyone thinks you're crazy, bUT ITS OK
44. Just beautiful quotes in general.
45. Especially the poetic dialogue that feels like something straight out of a motivational Pinterest board.
46. Finding someone who has read a book that like.. no one else has read.. and being able to talk about it with them.
47. BOOK MAIL. It's one of the many reasons why I LOVE ordering online.
48. Discovering a new author... especially a new FAVORITE author.
49. Going to the library/bookstore and coming back with a MASSIVE stack of books that you are beyond excited to read.
What are some bookworm things that make you go OH MY GOODNESS YES??WHAT DID I MISS??? Do you love beautiful quotes or funny quotes? OR BOTH?
alsooo my birthday was thursday so I AM OFFICIALLY 14. woo ++ spring break is Friday, I AM PUMPED.
have a great week everyone!