I suppose being a year older is flipping the next page, the next era, no. It's the same thing, except you're just a little older, but you feel the same as you did yesterday, just a little older.
They show us that growing up is a great thing, and all the things you can do when you grow up. What if I don't want to? What if I want to stay 11, and never turn 12?
But age is honestly just an extra number, added on to the number you already have. It doesn't define you, what you do, it's just a number. And if you wanted to, you could forget all about that number, and live your life just freely.
With a growing age, comes more responsibilities, that fact is true. But with growing age, new opportunities arise as well. And no one is stopping you from not acting your age now and then, no matter how old you get, no matter how many birthdays have gone by.
I've turned twelve today, said goodbye to eleven, that year is long gone in the wind. But this new year of life could be different. I can't dwell on in eleven forever, it is my past, and twelve is my future.
Being twelve might not be anything special, but it is a chance for new things and new ways to grow, so welcome twelve year old me, hope you enjoy your stay.
Twelve is my last year of being a child before I become a teenager, so I might as well make it worthwhile.
13 Things I Want To Do Before I'm 13
1) Do the color run, or some other athletic fundraising thing.
2) Try three foods that I've never tried before.
3) Camp out in the backyard.
4) Before my birthday, make it a habit to tell everyone I'm still a kid.
5) Actually try and invent a language.
6) Bike all around my neighborhood
7) Find the friends I want to keep throughout my teenage years.
8) Have a great last half of 7th grade and early half of 8th grade.
9) Buy my parents something nice for MY birthday instead.
10) Go on a road trip with some of my friends.
11) Try at least five things on my crafts Pinterest board.
12) Bake loads of things.
13) Dance in the rain.
Hello everyone! I turned 12 today, hooray. I hear that 12 is the cringe era of life, but I'm looking forward to making sure it's not cringe.
Last year, I did a little event but this year I'm just going to leave you off with this happy little piece. Maybe I'll do something more special for thirteen <3
I hope you guys enjoyed and thanks for sticking with me :D
Thanks for reading,